Saturday, February 23, 2013

Going Full Circle

My nameless bot has gone through a number of calibrations and is ready to start printing. The Printrbot + will stand by and take a nice little break after 20+ hours of printing. I'm in the process of designing the 2nd version of the original with added improvements and simplifying the assembly.

For the first print, I will start with the Z rod holder since it's the smallest part of the build and there's no need for it to be redesigned.

As I stated earlier, this bot doesn't even have a name yet. I couldn't decide on a name ever since I started building this bot. Although, I recently attended the 3D Printing Boston's meetup and brought this bot with me. By the end of the day, it was dubbed as the "Mutated Printrbot."  Guess I'll just call it that for now.



Print & gcode specs:
- Black 1.75mm MakerBot filament
- .35mm nozzle


; generated by Slic3r 0.9.8 on 2013-02-21 at 18:23:59

; layer_height = .1905
; perimeters = 3
; top_solid_layers = 3
; bottom_solid_layers = 3
; fill_density = .6
; perimeter_speed = 50
; infill_speed = 120
; travel_speed = 195
; scale = 1
; nozzle_diameter = .35
; filament_diameter = 1.7
; extrusion_multiplier = 1
; perimeters extrusion width = 0.50mm
; infill extrusion width = 0.50mm
; first layer extrusion width = 0.50mm





No comments:

Post a Comment