Friday, January 18, 2013

Y Carriage

3DPrintMi
Y Carriage
As I stated before, I didn't like the long wooden carriage to mount the print bed. I wanted to have my Y Carriage to be completely printable so one does not need to fabricate or special order a laser cut part. The design was inspired by Wire1's Mendel vitamin-less Y-carriage. The two parts will be held together with 8mm or 5/16 threaded rods.

The Y carriage is in the process of being redesigned and won't start until the 152mm x152mm heat-bed I ordered from Printrbot store arrive by mail.

3DPrintMi
Bottom View
3DPrintMi
Top View


3DPrintMi
Will use LM8UU linear bearings

The pitch between the smooth rods, center to center will be 70mm apart. I chose this since there wasn't any standard dimension to choose from and also be able to fit on a print bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment