Thursday, April 4, 2013

Build Log #19 - Grampa?

The new Y Carriage design turned out to be a bust since it ended up being too low for the belt pulley to function properly. I reverted back to the original design but I'm not sure if it'll fit on my small HBP. Ideally, I just want the mutant bot to solely print the new one (grandson) out but if worst comes to worst, I'll call on the service of my Printrbot+. For the time being, I'm going to start printing the Y Frame first while I figure out what I want to do with the Y Carriage. 

The new Y motor came out without a hitch. The glue + hairspray combo really held the prints down so big prints are possible. I had the part fully cool down to room temperature and you can see the shrinkage taking place at the brim. Wow, I'm really impressed on how well the mutant bot came out to be.





No comments:

Post a Comment