Got a few pictures to upload. I had to re-print the Y carriage leg extenders 3 times since they were undersized. My mock CAD drawing of my 200mm x 200mm hot bed was off by a few mm since I was going off by the dimension I gathered off the internet.
|Tearing down the 3DPrintMi. The small hotbed will be transferred to my new 3DPrintMi which is being built at the hackerspace, Ideas to Things.|
|Leg extenders easily snaps right in.|
|Leg extenders on and ready to be fastened. I had to drill out the extra holes.|
|Fastened with M3 x 18mm screws.|
|Didn't add that much weight which is good. Aiming to keep the Y Carriage as light as possible.|
Features on this this Direct Drive:
- Can be mounted on any X Carriage with a Wade mount (50mm center to center)
- Nema17 motor is positioned parallel to the X axis, suitable for Vertical X configuration.
- Can utilize any lever mods readily available on Thingiverse.
- Compact design gives it a low center of mass.
- Direct drive extruder is separate from the hotend mount, can easily swap hotend mounts with different groove mounts.
|3 Part assembly. Also printed out another lever mod by MickB.|
|Extruder motor mount with lever mod.|
|Hotend mount with clamp. This one was designed with the 1.75mm E3D ver 4.1 groove mount|
|Mock assembly with the hotend and X carriage.|
|Just need to wire it up and test it out.|
I will release the files as soon as I finish testing direct drive extruder. May be done by the end of this week hopefully!